What is Europass?
Europass is a set of online tools and information that helps you manage every step of your learning and career. The tools and information support you in communicating your skills, qualifications and experiences clearly and consistently across Europe. The European Commission developed Europass.
Five documents to make your skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe:
Two documents freely accessible, completed by European citizens:
- The Curriculum Vitae helps you present your skills and qualifications effectively and clearly. You can create your CV online using tutorials or download the template, examples and instructions.
- The Language Passport is a self-assessment tool for language skills and qualifications. You can create your Language Passport online using tutorials or download the template, examples and instructions.
Three documents issued by education and training authorities:
- The Europass Mobility records the knowledge and skills acquired in another European country;
- The Certificate Supplement describes the knowledge and skills acquired by holders of vocational education and training certificates;
- The Diploma Supplement describes the knowledge and skills acquired by holders of higher education degrees.
A network of National Europass Centres – the first point of contact if you want to learn more about Europass
- To help citizens communicate their skills and qualifications effectively when looking for a job or training;
- To help employers understand the skills and qualifications of the workforce;
- To help education and training authorities define and communicate the content of curricula.